LWA is a Pan African Forum that continuously promotes the inclusion of women in the mainstream economy to ensure that more women emerge as successful and influential leaders in all spheres: Political, professional and Economic arena in Africa
We aim to position women’s economic empowerment at the focal point the 21st Century’s goals on sustainable development.
Join one of the fastest growing women platform in Africa and Stay connected to the realities of becoming economically empowered!
Submitted by Ms Madelein Mkunu, should you require more information or wish to interview Ms Mkunu, please contact 021 551 9929 or 074 077 1659 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background information Leading Women of Africa
Leading Women of Africa (LWA) is a non-profit organisation working to advance the leadership and economic development of African women entrepreneurs, women-owned businesses and SMME‟s on the African continent. The organisation was launched in May 2008, with the endorsement of the South African Department of Trade & Industry (the DTI), in collaboration with the South African Women Entrepreneurs Network (SAWEN).
- LWA‟s Vision is to elevate African Women to the heart of sustainable economic development in Africa.
- Our mission is to advance leadership and economic development of African women entrepreneurs, women-owned businesses and SMME‟s on the African continent.
- LWA has established a free network comprising academic institutions, associations, government officials, businesswomen and men, corporates, investors and funders.
LWA Main Programmes
The Organisation‟s main programmes combines research, training and networking at subregional, national and continental levels in lieu of achieving set objectives. Through its research and training LWA specifically aims to address information gaps and develop training programmes for women focusing among others on management, entrepreneurship and negotiating skills including:
- Women Investors Programme (WIP)
- Women in Infrastructure Development in Africa (WIDA)
- Export Development Programme (EDP)
- Leadership & Business Development Training Programme for Women Entrepreneurs
- Promotion of Inter-regional Trade in Africa (PITA)
- To provide training, skills transfer and capacity-building expertise, support and knowhow to women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses and SMME‟s in Africa.
- To provide access to strategic economic opportunities, research data, investment analysis, and cutting-edge information to women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses and SMME‟s in Africa, to facilitate and enhance the development, growth and sustainability of their enterprises.
- To delivery networking opportunities for women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses and SMME‟s in Africa, through convening conferences, expert seminars, and strategic platforms to advance and sustain inter-regional trade on the African continent.
- Mainstreaming the agenda of women‟s economic development in Africa across all sectors, public, private and civil society
- Delivering inclusive platforms to ensure equitable access to business development support, financial resources, investment and technical infrastructure for African women entrepreneurs, women-owned businesses and SMME‟s on the African continent.
- Creating a sustainable leadership framework to drive the advancement of aspirations and ambitions of African women entrepreneurs, women-owned businesses and SMME‟s on the African continent.
– Ends –