Since its creation in 2008, LWA has played a crucial role in policy recommendations on leadership, good governance and women economic empowerment at various national, regional and international platforms:
- We have been part of the Strategic Framework Committee on gender and women’s economic empowerment at the Department of Trade and Industry (The Dti) in South Africa and the finalization of the Gender and Economic Empowerment Framework.
- We have presented policy recommendations on gender and China-Africa Cooperation at China-Africa Think Tanks Forum II, Ethiopia under the topic: “China-Africa cooperation without meaningful engagement with women will fail”.
- We have presented recommendations at Regional Researchers Consultative Workshop on Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP) Mid-Term Review workshop organized by Southern African Research and Documentation Centre (SARDC)
- We have also contributed with recommendations for the SADC-Gender, at the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development Stakeholders workshop.
- We have been invited by China-Africa Business Council (Hong Kong) to conduct an open conversation on the theme: “Creating Win-Win Partnership: A Dialogue between Women Professional & Entrepreneurs in Africa and Asia”.
- LWA recently lobbied successfully on behalf of women entrepreneurs the extension of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), which allows eligible countries from Sub-Saharan Africa, to export most products to the US market without paying duty.